New Jersey Uke Fest Presented by The Folk Project
The New Jersey Uke Fest Planning Committee has been working hard to get ready for the 2017 Uke Fest. We will once again take over the Ukrainian American Cultural Center of New Jersey in Whippany on the weekend of August 25 and 26 and the Morristown Green on August 27.
We are offering a very special sales event. We are calling it Fools for Ukes Full-Fest Tickets. From noon on Saturday, April 1 until noon Sunday, April 2, we will be offering 20 full-festival tickets at last year's Early Bird rate of $80 each. Once the 20 are gone the sales event is over.
If you are not able to get one of the Fools for Ukes tickets, never fear! Early Bird Full-Fest Tickets go on sale on June 1 for $90.
Advance Tickets go on sale June 22:
- Full Fest: $100
- Saturday All Day (workshops & concert): $85
- Saturday Workshops Only: $70
- Concert-Only Tickets: $TBD
Door Tickets August 24:
- Full Fest: $110
- Saturday All Day (workshops & concert): $95
- Saturday Workshops Only: $80
- Concert-Only Tickets: $TBD
We expect to have the full lineup announced by the end of May. Hold onto your hats, it's going to be another awesome lineup!
We Heard You!
Last year on your surveys, you let us know that you wanted a better way to handle handouts, the open mic sign-up, and lunch and dinner. The committee would like to thank you for putting up with our growing pains and we are tickled pink that we can offer you the following at the time that you register:
For $10 you can purchase paper copies of all handouts which will be held for you in your name, available when you check in on Saturday morning. Electronic copies of the handouts will be available for download for free.
Lunchtime Open Mic Contest Sign-Up
Attendees will be able to "put their name in the hat" when they register for the fest. Twelve names will be randomly chosen. The list of those chosen will be posted by the registration desk by the end of the first workshop. The twelve will each play one song during the lunch break. The winner of the contest will perform a song at Saturday night's concert.
Meat or vegetarian options for meals will be available for purchase.
- A lunch buffet will be available to purchase for $12.
- A dinner buffet will be available to purchase for $18.
Make a Donation to the Uke Fest
consider making a donation to the New Jersey Uke Fest. Donations can be as small as $1 or any larger amount. Donations are tax deductible. If you donate $250 or more, The Folk Project (NJUF's parent organization) will send you a letter confirming your donations for your tax records.
Volunteer at the Fest
The committee can't run this festival on our own. Please think about helping out. Offer up 1 hour of your time while at the fest. We will need help stuffing swag bags, getting attendees registered, watching the registration desk. When you register, check the "I want to volunteer" box and our volunteer coordinator will contact you to find the best time for you to volunteer.
Join the Folk Project
The NJUF is a division of The Folk Project. The FP has events all year round including:
- a weekly concert series called The Minstrel;
- a twice monthly contra dance called Swingin' Tern;
- a monthly music party at a members homes;
- a twice yearly Acoustic Getaway weekend—concerts, jams, workshops;
- a TV show called Horses Sing None of It—available on cable, and the web;
- and yes, the New Jersey Uke Fest.
A special offer is available to first-time Folk Project members. If you join the Folk Project when you register for Uke Fest, you will get $10 off of your first year's membership:
- Individual Membership with Email Newsletter Delivery: $10
- Individual Membership with Snail-Mail Newsletter Delivery: $15
- Family Membership with Email Newsletter Delivery: $15
- Family Membership with Snail-Mail Newsletter Delivery: $20
A hui hou kakau (until we meet again),
- The NJ Uke Fest Committee
- Four-stringed fun for fourth year: NJ Ukulele Festival leaves 'em smiling
- Morristown jammer makes impression at music fest
- A three-handed solo? James Hill attempts it at NJ festival
- It tastes like chicken...and wipe that stank off your face! Songs to live by, from Manitoba Hal
- You've never heard a uke sound like this...
- Boss tribute, ode to days off get NJ Ukulele Fest off to toe-tapping start
- Finger workout at 2016 New Jersey Uke Fest in Whippany
Previous NJ Uke Fest Performers
- Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer
- Christine DeLeon
- Celtic Spirit
- Cousin Earth
- Craig Chee & Sarah Maisel
- Curt Sheller
- Honor Finnegan
- James Hill
- Jim & Liz Beloff
- James Hill & Anne Davison
- Jim Boggia
- Lil' Rev
- Manitoba Hal
- Steve Boisen
- Stuart Fuchs
- The Stringbusters (Pete & Maura Kennedy)
- Uncle Zac
- Victor & Penny
- Victoria Vox