LIVE EVENTS ARE BACK AND WE ARE STILL ONLINE.
All of our live venues are now back in action. Swingin' Tern has found a new venue - St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 200 Main Street, Chatham, NJ - and has resumed its normal schedule of two dances per month. Our online-only events, including Streaming Tuesdays, Inside the Song, Songs That Sing To Me, and the Songwriters Circle will continue without interruption.
The current official CDC COVID conditions may be looked up at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/community-levels.html
Our baseline COVID protocols for ALL CONDITION LEVELS are as follows:
- We are following CDC and NJ recommendations.
- Proof of vaccination is required.
- Exposure: We ask that people with COVID symptoms, a positive COVID test, or recent known exposure to COVID, not attend.
- Boosters: We highly recommend that anyone eligible for booster shots get them.
- If food is being served, an isolated room will be designated for unmasking and eating.
- Mic covers must be replaced between performers.
In addition, under condition level Green (low) or Yellow (medium), our COVID protocols add the following step:
- Properly fitted N-95 type Masks are encouraged, but optional.
Under condition level Orange (high) our COVID protocols add the following step:
- Properly fitted N-95 type Masks are required indoors, with two exceptions
- Performers and emcees who prefer to unmask onstage may do so
- if food is being served, masks may be removed in the designated, isolated room provided for consuming refreshments.
Individual venues may choose to implement stricter protocols. Currently, only Swingin' Tern Dances is doing so by requiring masking (N95 equivalent or surgical) at all times. Additionally at Swingin' Tern you should bring your own snacks and bottles of water. If you choose to bring snacks to share with others, they must be sized as single-serving portions and individually wrapped.