Bob Isaacs and Co. & Night Moves
Workin’ on our night moves
Trying to make some contra dancin’ news
Listenin’ to the Night Moves
In the autumntime
Umm, in the sweet autumntime
And we’d steal away every chance we could
To the dancehall, to Swingin’ Tern, to the floor of wood
I swung her, she swung me as much as we dared
We were getting’ our share
Workin’ on our night moves
Tryin’ to lose the awkward Covid blues
Workin’ on our dance moves
Mmm, and it was Swingin’ Tern
Mmm, sweet, Swingin’ Tern, Swingin’ Tern
Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. If Morris County stays in the current Yellow or Green level, we will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At the Orange level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines.
Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
In addition to his calling, Bob Isaacs has been passing on his knowledge to fledgling callers. This dance will feature the calling of several of Bob’s protégés along with his own calling. Bob is known for his clear, concise instructions. He is a prolific contra choreographer—his creative dances are called throughout the country.
In their own words . . . At night, in the sweet summertime, dancers long to move to the music that moves them to dance. Night Moves is such a band. Covid fell on us with the sound of thunder and crushed dancers and musicians alike but with autumn closing in this new band arises to satisfy the dancers’ longing to move in the night. Night Moves features Nathalie Levine on fiddle, Paul Morrissett on fiddle, and Doug Healy on guitar.
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. If Morris County stays in the current Yellow or Green level, we will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At the Orange level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines. Please bring your own N95 equivalent or surgical mask—we’ll have extra masks at the ticket desk if you forget.
- The new level is posted by 8pm on the Thursday before each dance. Select Morris County on this link for the current level: CDC
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.