Bob Isaacs & Co. & Squirrel’s Chair 39th Anniversary Dance
As we look out the Rear Window to 1984, Dial C for Contra as Swingin’ Tern and The Birds dance The 39 Steps to our 39th Anniversary. Squirrel’s Chair will leave you Spellbound and in a Frenzy without a Shadow of a Doubt. Never one to suffer Stage Fright, Bob takes us North by Northwest with his Notorious calls leaving us on the verge of Vertigo. Take it from The Man Who Knew Too Much, you’d be Psycho and under Suspicion to Sabotage this opportunity.
At the current Orange level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. When the county rating is at the current Yellow or Green level, masks will be optional in all dance lines. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines.
Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
In keeping with the tradition for our anniversary dances, this night will feature several of our callers that honed their calling chops at Swingin’ Tern. The callers will be organized by Bob Isaacs who is known for his clear, concise calling. He is a prolific contra choreographer—his creative dances are called throughout the country.
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- At the current Orange/High level, Masks are required in all dance lines [N-95 equivalent or surgical masks]. Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. When the county rating is at the current Yellow or Green Level, Masks will be optional in all dance lines. The current level for Morris County will be posted by 8pm on the Thursday before each dance. We will have extra masks at the ticket desk.
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.