Bob Isaacs & Wry Bred
With the best thing since sliced bread, Wry Bred rises to the occasion playing a Panettone on the Crumpet second to Naan. Challah Bob gives you what you knead with a basket full of no-loaf contras. Seagulls and Bagels join the Terns as they Zwieback and forth. We won’t Pumpernickel and dime you or take your Sourdough – it’s really not a lot of bread. Don’t tortilla yourself by missing this – it would be a pita. Papadum’s got a brand new Baguette!
Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. Morris County has dropped into the Yellow/Medium level so we will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines.
Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
Swingin’ Tern is fortunate to have had a close relationship with Bob Isaacs. Bob is known for his clear, concise calling. He is a prolific contra choreographer—his creative dances are called throughout the country. Bob is also known for his unusual dance forms: the Zia is a literal cross between a square and a contra while Bob’s grid squares provide a wild ride.
The contra dance trio Wry Bred has been energizing dance floors for years. With Julie Sorcek on flute and saxophone, Mickey Koth on fiddle, and Robert Messore on guitar, Wry Bred engages in rollicking musical conversations with driving rhythms and exuberant harmonies. Wry Bred: good music no matter how you slice it!
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. Morris County has dropped into the Yellow/Medium level so we will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines. Please bring your own N95 equivalent or surgical mask—we’ll have extra masks at the ticket desk if you forget.
- The new level is posted by 8pm on the Thursday before each dance. Select Morris County on this link for the current level: CDC
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.