Don Flaherty & Jaybird
Flaherty fosters fast furious fancy footwork for faithful feisty fanatics favoring flirtatious flowing fey figures. Jaybird jams in a jaunty jambalaya of jackhammer jags. Jaywalk, jackrabbit or jalopy to the jacked jamboree jackpot.
Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. When the county rating is at the current Yellow or Green level, masks will be optional in all dance lines. At the Orange level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines.
Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
We are happy to welcome back Don Flaherty, one of the founders of Swingin’ Tern Dances. Don is well-known for his prolific creation of new contra dances. His dances are called by dozens of callers across the country. Don is sure to keep us moving with his gems that have become part of the contra tradition along with a debut or two of his freshly choreographed dances.
Jaybird brings contra dance mayhem — infused with the blues. Highly rhythmic and satisfying dance music to inspire your feet…and go to your head. Jaybird features Sam Zygmuntowicz on fiddle; Jody Kruskal on Anglo concertina; and Bill Peek on piano.
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. When the county rating is at the current Yellow or Green Level, Masks will be optional in all dance lines. The current level for Morris County will be posted by 8pm on the Thursday before each dance. If the county level is raised to Orange/High, Masks will be required in all dance lines [N-95 equivalent or surgical masks]. We will have extra masks at the ticket desk.
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.