Michael Karcher & Brooklyn Swing Ensemble
We have adjusted our mask policy. The CDC has lowered Morris County into the Yellow [moderate] category. We will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines so always bring your mask just in case. Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
As Brooklyn Swing Ensemble exhibits their ensemble of euphonics and Michael calls his collection of contras, expect an aggregation of allemandes, a coterie of contra corners, a summation of swings and strings, a panoply of petronellas, a mass of music, a congregation of circles, a throng of twirls, a body of balances, and a horde of heys for our convocation of contradancers.
Michael Karcher has been having the time of his life calling dances and weekends around North America since 2011. He has honed a warm and concise style of teaching and calling, to the delight of dancers across the continent.
Brooklyn Swing Ensemble has graced the stage of Swingin’ Tern Dances for over thirty years. They are well known in the Northeast for their unique blend of fiddle tunes, Klezmer music, swing, and blues–playing for contra dances and other events throughout the region. With fiddle and clarinet as the lead instruments, the world is their musical oyster and they are unafraid to explore!! BSE features Danny Elias on clarinet, Sam Zygmuntowicz on fiddle, Norman Plankey on guitar [not pictured], and Marco Brehm on bass.
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- We have adjusted our mask policy. The CDC has dropped Morris County into the Yellow [moderate] category. We will have two dance lines. One line will be Mask Required and one line will be Mask Optional. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines so always bring your mask just in case. Please bring your own N95 equivalent or surgical mask—we’ll have extra masks at the ticket desk if you forget.
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.