Sue Gola and Dylan Simpson & Wry Bred
On a Night Like This, you’ll find Dylan Simpson, Like a Rolling Stone, and Sue Gola, The Girl from the North Country, Callin’ on Heaven’s Door with Hey, Lady, Hey and Beckets of Rain. You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere until you’ve heard the Band on the Hand, Wry Bred. Julie will be Blowin’ in the Wind, while Mickey is Tangled Up in Strings, and Robert, Mr. Tambourine Man, plays guitar instead. The Times They Are a-Changin but you can get Shelter from the Storm at our Million Dollar Bash. Come feel Forever Young in your Boots of Spanish Leather. Whatcha Gonna Do? If by a Simple Twist of Fate you miss this dance, you’ll be on Desolation Row with the Subterranean Homesick Blues. Come Under Our Spell and You Shall be Released.
Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. At the current Yellow [or Green] Level, Masks will be optional in all dance lines. At the Orange Level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. At any dance, we may announce that masks are required in all lines.
Proof of vaccination must be presented at the door or may be sent in advance—see full Covid protocol below.
Sue Gola is a long-time contra dancer, Sue was drawn into calling contras in 2014. Since then, she has called at dances both large and small throughout the Northeast. Sue gives instructions concisely and clearly and has a friendly way about her that makes dancers feel welcome.
Dylan Simpson is a recent addition to the stage acquiring his caller chops at Swingin’ Tern. His genial personality comes through in his calling.
The contra dance trio Wry Bred has been energizing dance floors for years. With Julie Sorcek on flute and saxophone, Mickey Koth on fiddle, and Robert Messore on guitar, Wry Bred engages in rollicking musical conversations with driving rhythms and exuberant harmonies. Wry Bred: good music no matter how you slice it!
- Proof of Covid Vaccination required—remember to bring your vaccine card to show at the ticket desk. You will be turned away if you do not have a CDC Covid Vaccination card indicating you have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks.
- Our mask policy is based on the current rating for Morris County from the CDC. At the current Yellow [or Green] Level, Masks will be optional in all dance lines. At the Orange Level, masks [N/KN-95 or surgical] are required on all dance lines. We will have extra masks at the ticket desk. The current level for Morris County will be posted by 8pm on the Thursday before each dance.
- We are maintaining a roster of dancers that have been vaccinated to speed admission at future dances. If you are not already on our vaccine list, you may expedite entry by sending an image of your Covid Vaccination card in advance to Doug at dheacock at aol dot com and we will have your name on the roster. We are asking for email addresses should there be a need to contact you about an issue at the dance.
- Please arrive early. We ask for your patience at check-in.
- We will have some individually wrapped snacks for the break. You are welcome to bring your own snacks—if you plan to share, please make sure they are individually wrapped.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. We will not be providing a punch bowl.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.