Bob Isaacs & Brooklyn Swing Ensemble
Masks and vaccinations optional.
Swingin’ Tern is fortunate to have had a close relationship with Bob Isaacs. Bob is known for his clear, concise calling. He is a prolific contra choreographer — his creative dances are called throughout the country. A specialty of Bob’s are his Grid Squares in which one moves from square to square in a single dance. It’s a wild ride.
Brooklyn Swing Ensemble has been gracing the stage of Swingin’ Tern for over thirty years. They are well known in the Northeast for their unique blend of fiddle tunes, Klezmer music, and swing/blues – playing for contra dances and other events throughout the region. With fiddle and clarinet as the lead instruments, the world is their musical oyster and they are unafraid to explore!! The band features Danny Elias on clarinet, Sam Zygmuntowicz on fiddle, Marco Brehm on double bass, and Norman Plankey on guitar.
COVID PROTOCOL & OTHER INFO
- Masks and proof of vaccination are no longer required.
- We once again welcome contributions of home-baked [or not] goodies to share at the break.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. Water bottles may be filled at the kitchen sink.
- All dances are now called to the gender-neutral terms Larks & Robins.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.