NEW YEAR’S EVE DANCE Alex Deis-Lauby & Brooklyn Swing Ensemble
NEW YEAR’S EVE DANCE
Pot Luck Dinner 6:30pm–Please bring a entree or sidedish to share.
Dancing from 8pm to 12:30am–including the fabulous dessert break [bring a dessert to share] and midnight toast!
Adults $25 in advance; $30 at the door.
Students $12 in advance; $15 at the door.
Online advanced tickets go on sale towards the end of October.
All of our dances are called to Larks & Robins.
Masks and vaccinations optional.
Alexandra Deis-Lauby began contra dancing in 2011 while at school in Chicago. After catching the contra bug, she began calling in 2014. Alex’s smooth voice, clear teaching style and engaging dance selections delight dancers from coast to coast. When she’s not calling, you can find her on the dance floor twirling away!
Brooklyn Swing Ensemble has been gracing the stage of Swingin’ Tern for over thirty years. They are well known in the Northeast for their unique blend of fiddle tunes, Klezmer music, and swing/blues – playing for contra dances and other events throughout the region. With fiddle and clarinet as the lead instruments, the world is their musical oyster and they are unafraid to explore!! The band features Danny Elias on clarinet, Sam Zygmuntowicz on fiddle, Marco Brehm on double bass, and Norman Plankey on guitar.
COVID PROTOCOL & OTHER INFO
- Masks and proof of vaccination are no longer required.
- We once again welcome contributions of home-baked [or not] goodies to share at the break.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. Water bottles may be filled at the kitchen sink.
- All dances are now called to the gender-neutral terms Larks & Robins.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.