Christie Riehl & Blue Jersey
The chatter in Chatham is that Blue Jersey is the talk of all the towns. Christie is the Riehl Deal and her Collingswood be enough, but with a band to Rockaway the night, you’ll Wanaque up in the center line. Ewing seen nuthin’ yet as those born to be Wildwood go Alloway over Andover. So Ironia your Oxford, use your Gillette, put on your Cologne and grab a guy from Manville, a Lacey lady of Verona or your Palmyra. If life Hazlet you down, you’re crying Mahwah and you’ve given up Hope, come say Ho Ho Kus you’ll Sea Bright talent at the Summit of entertainment for just a Little Silver. Orange you glad Swingin’ Tern will have you saying thank you Allamuchy as you land in Pleasantville?
Masks and vaccinations optional.
Long seen on the dance stage playing cello with the Princeton Pick-up Band and more recently with Strings Attached, Christie Riehl has taken up the caller’s mike. She is known for her engaging personality that pulls dancers onto the floor with her welcoming calling.
Blue Jersey Contra Dance Band plays traditional and contemporary contra dance tunes. They have played contra dances in NJ, PA, NY and surrounding areas since 2000. Their large repertoire includes jigs, reels, waltzes, Quebecois, Irish, French, and swing tunes. The band features Louise McClure on fiddle, Frank Ruck on mandolin, Ellen Ruck on guitar, and Ed Jankiewicz on bass.
COVID PROTOCOL & OTHER INFO
- Masks and proof of vaccination are no longer required.
- We once again welcome contributions of home-baked [or not] goodies to share at the break.
- Please bring your own water bottle with your name on it. Water bottles may be filled at the kitchen sink.
- All dances at Swingin’ Tern are called to the gender-neutral terms Larks & Robins.
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Beginner's Workshop
- Learn the basics or help the newcomers.
- 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The main event.